Saturday, February 28, 2009

Finally home.

I’m home and doing lots better. I was in the hospital seven days. The long 7.5 hour ride home was grueling. We had to stop about 6 times to adjust me in the seat, give me pain meds, feed me, and just stop to rest for a few minutes. The trip was pretty cold and windy, but we made it home okay. I was really hot, though, because Mom overdressed me, and I was still running a lo-grade temp.

I’m now in a hospital bed at home. I’ve been up in my chair once for about two hours. I’ll be up in my chair again later today. Dad needs to learn how to use the Hoyer lift to get me in/out of my chair when Mom goes back to work next week.

I’ve managed to get some of my homework done today. I also beat my Dad at Tiger Woods Golf. I hate sandtraps and cliffs over the ocean.

I get my stitches out next Tuesday. I think the itching will probably go away after that. The dressing isn’t as big as it used to be, so I don’t have to endure too much pain while Mom changes it every other day. Sunday is the next change. I’m sure it’ll go a lot easier and faster. When I get my 3.5” drive out, I’ll upload a picture of my cousins that visited me from Iowa last week, and my back. It’s not that gross, really.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment