Sunday, June 14, 2009

Three days to countdown!!

Well, there are only three days left to wheels hitting the road! I spent this last Thursday and Friday in Milwaukee to visit my surgeon, Dr. Lyon. He's still wearing my bracelet! He's off to Yellowstone National Park next week, and I wish him a safe journey. He did give me the thumbs up for the trek, so we're a go.

Mom and Dad spending the last days getting everything ready. Dad has built an awesome flashing light bar for the following vehicles, Mom made some rest stop signs, and finished up the bookkeeping before the trip.

Kick-off will be Wednesday at 9:00 am starting from the Rapid River Lions club. I really want to thank them for all their help in getting different groups organized, and for their upcoming Radio-thon on local radio. DJs Rick Duerson and Joe Cretens will be following my progress through phone updates. Listeners will be given opportunities to pledge through the Lions Club contact numbers announced on the radio.

Before the Trek starts, I'll be in Trenary from 4-6 Tuesday, May 16, at the Lions Club Ball field. They are sponsoring a brat feed and proceeds will go toward the Trek. Hope to see lots of you there, and you can help support the local Little League during their game that evening, too.

Keep an eye on the blog for regular daily updates and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment